Friday 29 June 2012

The Tell-Tale Brownies




You don't understand. Since I made these I haven't been able to stop thinking about them. They sit in the fridge, whispering, calling to me. And I work from home. That's a full working day of gooey whispering coming from the general direction of the kitchen.

Dark chocolate ganache, peanut butter cookie dough, chocolate brownie, smashed together in an unholy threesome.

"It is impossible to say how first the idea entered my brain; but once conceived, it haunted me day and night."

It's totally my fault. I've been having a crack at cutting some sugar from my diet, being one of those low carb girls who soils herself at the sight of a potato, but baking these was the equivalent of exhuming Dr Atkins corpse and stuffing it into a giant bread roll.

The recipe is here. In mine all the chocolate chips in the brownie mix melted, but it didn't seem to affect the insane levels of fudginess in the final product, so I say go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment